Anyone may rent canoes for no charge at any of three locations in Sumter County near The Villages.
All canoe rentals come with paddles and life vests.
The canoes are kept padlocked on racks at the boat ramps, so you won’t be
needing a rack or trailer to transport them to the water.
Simply show up at the county office (above the library in the copper domed building at CR 466A and Powell) during regular hours to pick up your paddles, life vests and key. For weekend or holiday rentals you’ll need to make the pick up on the preceding business day.
- Sumter County Administrative Office
Click on any of the three locations below for map, directions and facilities information.
- Lake Miona
- 418 acre lake
- just west of The Villages
- take Buena Vista to Rainey Tr (CR 472)
- Lake Okahumpa
- 670 acre lake
- just south of The Villages
- take Buena Vista to CR44
- Marsh Bend Outlet Park
- on Lake Panasoffkee Outlet river, access to Withlacoochee River
- a half hour west of The Villages
- take CR 44 to CR 470