- This event has passed.
“Cup Final Day”
Sat, Apr 16, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Last Updated on April 12, 2022
“Blue United” vs. “White City”
Enjoy a great game of soccer in the style of a classic British cup final of the 1960’s.
This year the FA Cup Final takes place at Wembley Stadium in London on May 14 and the Scottish Cup Final follows a week later at Hampden Park in Glasgow, but here in The Villages we’ll be experiencing the thrill of a “Cup Final Day”, 1960’s style, a whole month earlier on April 16, 10 am – 2 pm. Click here to view British Pathé archival footage of the 1961 Wembley final on YouTube.
The Brits ‘n’ US Club is collaborating with The Villages Senior Soccer group to bring you pre-game pageantry, community singing, an exhibition soccer match, awards ceremony and lunch (sandwiches, chips, cookies and beverage).
Bring your friends, folding chairs, drinks, and come prepared for a great show.
Order of Events
- 09:00 Gates open
- 09:30 Community singing
- 10:00 Opening Ceremony
- 10:30 Kick-off
- 11:00 Half-time Entertainment
- 11:15 (approx.) 2nd Half begins
- 12:00 (approx.) Game ends
- 12:15 Lunch served at pavilion
- 1:00 Awards ceremony and 50/50 drawing
Print 2-sided, short-edge binding, then fold in three to form a pocket sized reference for your day, including team listings, musical program and song lyrics.
Box Lunches Available
- Half a sub sandwich, chips, two cookies and a single-serve beverage
- Choice of sandwich filling (roast beef, turkey, ham or veggie)
- Choice of beverage (iced tea, water or lemonade)
- Collect at Everglades Pavilion shortly after noon on April 16.
- Pre-order below, by noon on April 12.
- Note your ticket number(s) and then register your preferences in this Form
Attendees must have Villages ID or Guest Pass.
For guidance on signing up for events, see FAQs.